Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ideas

Ok, so I've inhaled too much Baskin Robbins ice cream, watched American Idol and have decided that I need a project to keep me busy. I'm currently working on a Valentine's Day gift for my beau but it's a secret so I'm not sure I want to post it just yet in case he figures out how to use the computer and finds this blog! he he he We've been together for almost 7 years so Valentine's is very special to me; it's a chance to be extra mushy and silly, something I"m not normally.

The project I've decided (and I welcome any suggestions and ideas) is an art journal based on the song on my playlist, "Portrait of Jennie". I just love this song (maybe I'm a bit of a narcissist...hmmm.....) but I thought using it would be a great way for me to stay inspired and to capture my varying moods. Now, I've never done as much as keep a diary. This blog is wildly out of the norm for me so the journal may be a challenge but challenges are good! I can't wait to see what I come up with while I'm having my hot flashes - may involve lots of flames and a naughty word!


Feel free to post or email any comments or suggestions on how to make journals. I'd love to see examples of what you've done! By the way, check out the Artchix site, some great new ideas have been posted!

Best wishes and high hopes to you all!
Jennie

1 comment:

  1. Jennie...gather things around you that you love...things you have been collecting that you can attach to paper. Open your new journal up and start layering in color...once dry attach your favorite things..pics, words, phrases etc. That is the easiest way to start your journal. Have fun...relax...!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn
    A fellow student of papercat designs!

    ReplyDelete