Monday, February 16, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Please be sure to visit: http://www.backgroundfairy.com/ and http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/.
(I adore this picture from Karen's Graphics Fairy blog!)
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- My Mom's sausage balls with jalapenos
- My Mamaw's angel biscuits with my Mom's homemade sausage gravy
- A fresh beefsteak tomato at room temperature, lightly salted with sea salt
- Coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans
- Icy cold Mimosa made with Orange/Pineapple juice and Perrier Jouet Champagne
- Lobster Bisque
- Vodka penne pasta with diced roma tomatoes, a slight hint of pancetta and lightly dusted with asiago cheese
- Bruschetta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- A bottle of chilled Chateau St Jean Gewurztraminer, 2006 vintage
- Chicory coffee and a slice of my Mom's chocolate cake (she makes one with an orange icing that is outstanding!)
- Caesar salad with the dressing made from paste rather than actual anchovies.
- Filet Mignon, butterfly/medium well and king crab legs with fresh garlic butter from LG's in Palm Springs
- Braised asparagus and scalloped potatoes
- Pork tenderloin from the Healdsburg Charcuterie
- Flourless chocolate cake with fresh cream and raspberry sauce
- A bottle of Caymus Cabernet Sav, 1997 vintage
Oh my goodness....it's impossible for me to narrow it down so I'm eating a lot! I'm so in awe of food I've had in the states, I can't imagine how I'll be if I ever travel abroad! Now, fortunately in this scenario it's "my last day" so no worries of hangovers, indigestion, etc!
So what would be your last meal(s)?
High hopes and best wishes to you all! Bon Appetit!
If you have a chance and can afford a dollar or two please visit the website for Wildlife Victoria http://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/cms/ and donate. I am sitting here worrying about how I'll continue to pay my mortgage and bills since I'm not working but I cannot help but believe that whatever I can contribute will make more of a difference to the animals than to my bills. Please donate what you can.
Best wishes and high hopes to you all. May God bless all creatures impacted by the fires.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
No new journal pages to post just yet but I'm working on some and also working on some Valentine's day cards for my niece and nephew. My nephew is just mad for trains so I'm trying to create something a strapping young man of 6 can appreciate. I know....good luck! ha ha ha
The sweet little Girl Scouts were not at Walgreens Sunday but I'll keep watching out for them. Not too many places to sell them in my sleepy city so I'm sure I'll see them again.
Now, in the meantime, Maureen from Celestial Charms (http://celestialcharms.blogspot.com/) has tagged me to share 7 random facts / bits about myself. When you have a chance, please visit her site, she has wonderful vintage images!
So, here we go...
1) I'd love to be in a room full of hundreds of puppies because I just adore puppies, their full bellies and their little puppy breath. (Yes, I am actually an adult...)
2) The only time I've ever sung Karaoke was at a gay bar in Dallas. Several of my friends dared me, at the time I was pretty much the only girl there. I got on stage to boos and jeers and belted out "It's Raining Men". By the end of the song I was surrounded by gorgeous men cheering me on. It was awesome!!!!!!!
3) I love to swim but I have to wear nose plugs.
4) I love high heels, they don't have to be designer or expensive...just high. (I am from the South....) However, I refuse to wear red shoes....in my head lucite isn't nearly as suggestive as red.
5) I have a piece of lead in my pinky finger from when Shaun Odem stabbed me with a pencil in 4th grade.
6) I want to participate in a Tornado Storm Chase some day. I grew up with my daddy taking me on drives to watch tornados and have been hooked ever since.
7) I dance in my car at redlights.
Now, I'm passing the "tag" on to a couple of other bloggers. If you haven't the time or interest no worries!
1) Gillian from http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/. I am constantly going back to her blog and looking at all of her mixed media pictures. She has such an amazing eye and every piece is inspirational to me.
2) Nellie from http://earlymorningthoughts.typepad.com/my_weblog/. She alters vintage books and they are beautiful. Each one is a treasure.
Best wishes and high hopes to everyone!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
So we are having an incredibly warm and windy day here in Texas. The weather is wonderful. Unfortunately, during the night the bearings on my turbine thingy with the attic fans decided to wear out. I'm currently listening to metal on metal while I search the Home Depot site to make sure I know what the howdy I have to purchase to fix it.
Wish me luck on my turbine buying adventure!