Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yeah, I'm hot


Hello friends,
While catching up on everyone's lives I couldn't help but remember a dinner I had recently with my Mom at Outback. Sue Ann from Sue Ann's Journey wrote today about her lobster dinner and Baskin Robbins birthday cake which triggered this memory. Mmmm.....Baskin Robbins......

Not long ago Mom and I went to dinner and thought we'd try Outback for a change. We're more likely to be in a sub shop or Applebee's so this was a fun treat for us. I happen to be gaga for crab legs so naturally that's what I ordered.

Now, I'm not a leg conisuer. I do enjoy a well toned leg on a man and envy women with insurance worthy legs. Wait...I'm off track, I'm not a crab leg conisuer. However there's a magic to knowing how long to steam those puppies so that the meat just pulls out soft and tender. Outback isn't quite the best at this because my legs were a bit chewy but they were still yummy. That being said, I was a bit challenged getting every last morsel. Don't worry though, I let my vanity go and dived in. There was butter flying, lots of cracking of legs and eating with my fingers. I didn't want to miss a thing. 3 drawn butter bowls later I was done and longing for more.

So, not feeling so hot since I basically ate a pound of crab legs as if I had never seen a fork or napkin before, managed to make horrible sounds while sucking the last of the butter from my fingers and pretty much grossed out the sweet waiter. Who cares...it's crab legs and I was feeling not so hot but I was way happy.

That feeling of not being hot soon passed. Mom and I went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream afterwards and again, I ate my food with relish. I was in chocolate fudge heaven! Soon after we finished eating I got in line to purchase a pint, who am I kidding, 2 pints to take home. While I'm standing in line a cute man keeps staring and I started thinking...I must look goooooooooood. I'm pretty self conscience so this man is really making me feel good about myself. I stand taller, stick the girls out further, suck the tummy in and start practicing my kegels. Then Mom walks up and points out that I have ice cream all over me. Not only do I have ice cream GLOBS down the front of my jacket, on my sleeves, drips on my camisole but I have butter stains.

I'm not hot. I'm a pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment