Friday, March 6, 2009

Job Search and a "New" artist (new to me!)

OK, I'm trying to stay positive here. It's been 7 months since I lost my job; I've submitted 200 resumes / applications as of today. Yes, 200. I've been out of work before but I've always been very fortunate and able to use my connections to find work. However, they are now looking for work. The credit card industry has been hit hard and I'll be honest, we've been greedy for a few years, but the volume of colleagues that are out of work is astonishing. I pray for all of them each night and hope that we can all find work again and help each other. However...if anyone needs a tenured Payments Industry professional please visit my LinkedIn.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifercbarnes . Yes, I have stooped to begging on my blog....

OK...enough of that nonsense. Must toss my hair and grab a Little Debbie. Why are they so addictive?

While window-shopping on ETSY I re-visited one of my favorite items...it's the sweetest little Pekingese trading card. I went to the artist's blog and I have to ask everyone to visit her site - she is an amazing artist named Patti Gibbons. She does ATCs which are so beautiful and she paints the most lovely paintings. I swear I just want to open a bottle of wine and stare at them until I'm a part of the picture.

So please visit her blog and website and leave a note of encouragement for her!

http://pagibbons.com/
http://www.catskillpaper.blogspot.com/

Also, here's the link to the card I love...I don't want to post the picture since I don't have her permission. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=17351376

Well, time to pack up Peanut, Saffron, Sandy and little Ginger Socks and head to bed. Yes, all 4 sleep in the bed with me (one on my pillow, one against my leg, one curled against my back and one tries to sleep across my throat.) Pretty exciting Friday night planned...watching re-runs of Ab Fab and drinking virgin Mimosas. ha ha ha

Best wishes and high hopes to you all!
Jennie


"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast..." Hebrews 6:19

1 comment:

  1. It is so lovely to meet you. Send you your address and the collage will be yours. I will scan it and keep it for my archives, and for possible future printing/cardmaking, but you will own the original. It was meant for you. I have a LOT of materials, so if you ever need stuff, let me know as I have extra to share.

    Oh and you can grab the pic for your blog.
    Thanks for asking..not many do.

    I too LOVE antiques...and my daughter lives on Ft. Campbell, and I have visited her 5 times last year (she is ill/had a baby etc.) Never been to Texas. I have another blog which you may like.. http://pagibbons.blogspot.com.
    It is very personal. Oh, and where did you get that lovely wallpaper for your blog? xxpatti

    ReplyDelete