Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Top Chef / Last Meal

So, if you haven't noticed yet.... I LOVE FOOD. This week's Top Chef episode challenged the chef's to prepare various "last meals" as requested by legendary chefs. So, I have become obsessed in the last hours about what my last meal would be. Since I cannot seem to narrow it down I'm going to stretch the fantasy to "last day meals".

For breakfast...
  • My Mom's sausage balls with jalapenos
  • My Mamaw's angel biscuits with my Mom's homemade sausage gravy
  • A fresh beefsteak tomato at room temperature, lightly salted with sea salt
  • Coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans
  • Icy cold Mimosa made with Orange/Pineapple juice and Perrier Jouet Champagne

For lunch...

  • Lobster Bisque
  • Vodka penne pasta with diced roma tomatoes, a slight hint of pancetta and lightly dusted with asiago cheese
  • Bruschetta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
  • A bottle of chilled Chateau St Jean Gewurztraminer, 2006 vintage
  • Chicory coffee and a slice of my Mom's chocolate cake (she makes one with an orange icing that is outstanding!)

For dinner...

  • Caesar salad with the dressing made from paste rather than actual anchovies.
  • Filet Mignon, butterfly/medium well and king crab legs with fresh garlic butter from LG's in Palm Springs
  • Braised asparagus and scalloped potatoes
  • Pork tenderloin from the Healdsburg Charcuterie
  • Flourless chocolate cake with fresh cream and raspberry sauce
  • A bottle of Caymus Cabernet Sav, 1997 vintage

Oh my goodness....it's impossible for me to narrow it down so I'm eating a lot! I'm so in awe of food I've had in the states, I can't imagine how I'll be if I ever travel abroad! Now, fortunately in this scenario it's "my last day" so no worries of hangovers, indigestion, etc!

So what would be your last meal(s)?

High hopes and best wishes to you all! Bon Appetit!

Jennie

1 comment:

  1. beignets from Cafe Du Monde

    YUMM. I had them right before NO was devastated by Katrina. I am thankful I got to visit the city before it was changed forever.

    We have very similar tastebuds...is that cab expensive?

    ReplyDelete