- My Mom's sausage balls with jalapenos
- My Mamaw's angel biscuits with my Mom's homemade sausage gravy
- A fresh beefsteak tomato at room temperature, lightly salted with sea salt
- Coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans
- Icy cold Mimosa made with Orange/Pineapple juice and Perrier Jouet Champagne
- Lobster Bisque
- Vodka penne pasta with diced roma tomatoes, a slight hint of pancetta and lightly dusted with asiago cheese
- Bruschetta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- A bottle of chilled Chateau St Jean Gewurztraminer, 2006 vintage
- Chicory coffee and a slice of my Mom's chocolate cake (she makes one with an orange icing that is outstanding!)
- Caesar salad with the dressing made from paste rather than actual anchovies.
- Filet Mignon, butterfly/medium well and king crab legs with fresh garlic butter from LG's in Palm Springs
- Braised asparagus and scalloped potatoes
- Pork tenderloin from the Healdsburg Charcuterie
- Flourless chocolate cake with fresh cream and raspberry sauce
- A bottle of Caymus Cabernet Sav, 1997 vintage
Oh my goodness....it's impossible for me to narrow it down so I'm eating a lot! I'm so in awe of food I've had in the states, I can't imagine how I'll be if I ever travel abroad! Now, fortunately in this scenario it's "my last day" so no worries of hangovers, indigestion, etc!
So what would be your last meal(s)?
High hopes and best wishes to you all! Bon Appetit!