Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Journal Page

On Wednesday I was walking around my yard and found a wonderful patch of moss (not too common in Texas). I knelt down, dogs excited because it must mean I found something for them, and rubbed my fingers across it. So soft and it had such an earthy smell; for a moment I was a kid again playing among pine trees and imagining elves and fairies lived among the tree roots. That was such a wonderful feeling, even though it was fleeting. My best friend and I used to always play among tree roots making little houses and pretending that we were small enough to live in them. I'm trying my best to hang on to that feeling of whimsy and bliss because it felt so good. Inspired by that feeling I created my Wednesday journal entry, "I dance in fairy circles."


1 comment:

  1. Loved this journal entry. Tis good to "play" and "imagine". We all need to play more in our lives and in our art. Good for you!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete