Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My beloved Sandy Sue

is free of heartworms! I'm so thrilled. When I was a child I lost my first Peke to heartworms, granted that was long before anyone really knew what heartworms were or dressed their dogs. Dr. Norris assured me that Sandy Sue would be fine and that she was healthy enough to survive the shots but I was so scared.

In November she began heartworm treatment, two shots of arsenic between her little shoulder blades to kill the worms. I then had to keep her still for 4 weeks and only let her walk when she needed to go outside. I sort of slipped on that one because she was so upset being in a cage while the other 3 played.

When it comes to the girls, I always worry. Not that I'm a drama queen or a hypochondriac or anything.... ha ha ha But truly, it is a relief to know that she's healthy. She is such a dear.

Enjoy your evening and remember to give your little loves their heartworm medicine monthly.

Best wishes and high hopes to you all,
Jennie and the healthy pooches

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news! I know how close I am to my pets (4cats, 2dogs, 1bunny, 1hamster). They're my babies too. Have a great weekend! xoxo R...

    ReplyDelete